Help with Packard Bell Recovery Creator ???

Demora 21:09 11 Jul 07

Hi

I have recently aquired a Packard Bell MZ35-U-005 Easynote Laptop and when I try to make the backup of the recovery files it goes through the motions of burning the dvd then verifying the dvd then stops at 100% with a message saying That the disk wasn't created and to insert another dvd. Fine. I have made 5 coasters so far.

I cannot make a dvd of Windows Vista Home premium or any of the files that came on the Hard drive..

I can't even find the hidden partition.

I went to the PB website forum and there is a patch. I ran this but laptop says 'Patch not required'

I need to back this up.

I have never bought a pc without the disks before.

TIA

D

Demora 09:09 12 Jul 07

BTW I also disabled the wifi card and had nothing extra plugged into the USB ports.

Also tried the same in Sfae Mode

D

Demora 09:15 12 Jul 07

'Safe Mode'

Fingers eyes and Brain not co-ordinated this mornig. See how Vista has got me.

^wave^ 09:19 12 Jul 07

can you burn anything to a dvd if you cant then it looks like a faulty dvd drive or you may have a bad batch of dvd's

Demora 10:51 12 Jul 07

Thaks 'wave' for pointer.

The dvd rw is fine.

Late last night I found a patch for the MZ36 and thought 'what the....' Ran this and burnt a successful recovery disc this morning. PHEW.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…