help with overclocking

yellows 19:32 16 Mar 07

i bought myself a new system with a core duo chipset and an asus p5n32-e sli plus motherboard.
on my asus motherboard disk is a programme called ai booster which lets you overclock the cpu speed in windows environment. i tried it once and worked fine. tried a slightly higher setting and my computer froze. reset my machine and it boots and just sits on the asus p5n32-e sli plus startup screen. i cant even get into the bios please help.

1887 20:05 16 Mar 07

Hope youve got warranty and your receipts :)

RobCharles1981 20:12 16 Mar 07

I would try and reset/clear the Cmos and hopefully you might get lucky.

yellows 20:14 16 Mar 07

must admit fearing the worst. really fustrated and wished id never started it

gudgulf 20:16 16 Mar 07

Your motherboard should feature an automatic CMOS reset on reboot to protect against such lock ups due to excessive overclocking.

If your doesn't reset,then you need to clear the CMOS settings manually.Disconnect the pc from the mains,remove the case side and use the clear CMOS jumper (or remove the motherboard battery) for a couple of minutes.Your motherboard manual will show you how to do this.

That will restore default settings in the BIOS and the pc should then boot.

yellows 20:27 16 Mar 07

thanks for your advice will give it a go. think my overclocking days are over though

yellows 23:20 16 Mar 07

gudgulf followed your advice and pc is all working again. Really appreciate your help thanks.

gudgulf 23:37 16 Mar 07

All's well that ends well,lol.

I've done the same thing myself more than once!!!

woodchip 23:52 16 Mar 07

And survived

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now