Help with outlook express

fstr 10:29 18 Jun 03

I use outlook expreess 6 and windows xp when I try to open it reports no server although internet explorer ok. have checked tools accounts and added and removed several times but no result. I have a machine with windows 98 networked and this finds e-mail no problem but when I try to subscribe to news groups reports no server. Have checked configuration on both computers exactly the same. Any ideas would be much appreciated as I am almost at the reformat stage.

DieSse 10:53 18 Jun 03

It would help if you could post the actual error message, and exactly when it comes up - otherwise we will all have to guess.

captain birdseye 11:56 18 Jun 03

If your ISP is NTL dial-up it is an issue that has been on going for a couple of weeks exactly as you have described. I had an e-mail yesterday from NTL claiming the have fixed the problem (basically their mail server was overloaded and at times mail was inaccessible.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…