Help in Outlook Express

wicked willy 15:24 11 May 03

Please can anyone help me with a problemin Outlook Express 6, I keep on getting this message up from the address book" The Address book could not locate an e-mail client that it could invoke.The address Book uses the Simple MAPI protocol to send Mail.If your email client provides an option to let it handle Simple Mapi calls, please turn on this option from the e-mail client and then try again" because I cannot copy the e-mail address and it is driving me Batty all help is needed .Thanks in advance .Waffle

hugh-265156 15:44 11 May 03

this might help OLEXP: Error Message Says "Simple MAPI Support Could Not Be Enabled" When You Start Outlook Express
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 for Windows 98

This article was previously published under Q299499
For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express

WARNING:This information is preliminary and has not been confirmed or tested by Microsoft. Use only with discretion.
SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to start Outlook Express, the following error message may appear:

Simple MAPI support could not be enabled. The MAPI32.DLL in the system directory may be in use at this time. Restarting your computer should solve this problem.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the Windows\System directory has the wrong version of the Mapi32.dll file.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, rename the Mapi32.dll, and then run the Fixmapi.exe utility:
Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.
In the Named box, type Mapi32.dll.
In the Look in box, click your primary hard disk (usually drive C), and then click Find Now.
Right-click the Mapi32.dll file that appears, and then click Rename.
Type Mapi32.old, and then click OK.
In the Named box, type Fixmapi.exe, and then click Find Now.
Double-click the Fixmapi.exe file that appears.
After the hourglass disappears, close the current dialog box, and then restart Outlook Express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…