Help with outlook express

blackpat 12:18 22 Feb 03

Hi all,
I wish to change my outlook express from one email to another, is it possible to do this without losing any info.? and if so how? All help gratefully accepted.
Thanks , Blackpat.

SmiffyRebel 12:26 22 Feb 03

If you mean that you want to change your email account then 1)open outlook express 2)click on Tools/Accounts this should open another window then click on the ADD ACCOUNT tab and add your new account details.

blackpat 21:24 22 Feb 03

hi Smiffy, thanks for your help, i tried what you said and all i got was pop ums ect and the lycos name (my old email) I want to use a yahoo addy. I only could find "add" and not "add account tab" When i clicked on the "add" it just said its for adding my name at the end of emails, Thanks for trying.
Blackpat.

watchful 21:29 22 Feb 03

Try Tools/Accounts/Mail tab/Add> and follow it through.

beeuuem 21:35 22 Feb 03

To add an e-mail

You will need the following information from your Internet service provider (ISP)

For e-mail accounts, you'll need to know the type of e-mail server you use (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP), your account name and password, the name of the incoming e-mail server and, for POP3 and IMAP, the name of an outgoing e-mail server.

On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add.
Select Mail to open the Internet Connection Wizard, and then follow the instructions to establish a connection with an e-mail

beeuuem 21:39 22 Feb 03

Somehow the last word got chopped off the above sentence.
On the Tools menu, click Accounts. In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add. Select Mail to open the Internet Connection Wizard, and then follow the instructions to establish a connection with an e-mail server

blackpat 20:56 23 Feb 03

Thanks so much for your help, I am very grateful to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…