Help - Outlook disappearing!!

piggylen 08:48 06 Sep 10

Switched my computer on this morning. Internet browser all ok, but opened Outlook, it opened then seconds later, disappeared from the screen, and a few seconds later, the "bar" along the bottom of the screen also disappeared. Tried opening it a few times, but the same thing keeps happening!!! HEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!

Woolwell 10:09 06 Sep 10

Which operating system?
Have you re-booted?

piggylen 10:28 06 Sep 10

Hello.
I have just restarted my computer - but it's still doing exactly the same. It's Outlook 2000.
If I open it up, it appears on the screen as normal then after a few seconds it disappears, then a few seconds after that, the box along the bottom of the screen also disappears. When I restarted my computer, it said that Outlook "wasn't responding" and I had to click on "end now" to get it to restart. Any ideas?

Woolwell 10:33 06 Sep 10

Windows XP?

See click here

If it doesn't start in safe mode try using scanpst click here

piggylen 10:35 06 Sep 10

Sorry - yes. XP.

piggylen 10:40 06 Sep 10

Hi again.
It says "type the following command-line switch in the Run dialog box". Sorry to sound thick, but where is the Run dialog box?

piggylen 10:53 06 Sep 10

Hi
Have looked at both "click here" options you gave me, but don't understand either of them. Not familiar with ".pst" files or whatever. Can you simplify at all please!!

birdface 10:55 06 Sep 10

It should be across from start menu.

birdface 10:57 06 Sep 10

maybe give malwarebytes a try if you can.The free version update and then run it.just in case it is a Virus problem that you have.

click here

piggylen 11:00 06 Sep 10

Thanks buteman.
Found it and typed "Outlook.exe /safe" but it is still doing exactly the same. Am completely lost with the second suggestion. It's asking me to type in the name of the .pst file but I have no idea what to put in!!

piggylen 11:07 06 Sep 10

Already have malwarebytes installed, so am running full scan, to see if virus is found.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…