Help with Outlook 2003 please

wobblymike 17:45 25 May 06

I have just changed to Outlook 2003 from Outlook Express. I like 2003 but there is one element which I find disappointing.

When you open up OE it immediately downloads any messages waiting for you. Outlook 2003 does not seem to do this and I have to click the send/receive button. Is there a way of configuring OL 2003 so that it downlaods messages as soon as it is opened up?

Ade_1 17:49 25 May 06

Go to Tools, Options, Mail Setup tab and tick the Box saying send and reiceve when connected and if you want it to check for you if you have it open for a while you can do so by following the same procedure but pressing Send/Recieve button in the Mail Setup Tab and tick the Schedule an auto send/recieve and type in a number of minutes, in my case i used every 1 minute.

wobblymike 18:56 25 May 06

I have a send when connected tick box which is ticked but not a receive when connected box??

Ade_1 18:59 25 May 06

Ahh yes, i see, i misread. But if you do what i also said, that being set it to doing it every minute it should send and recieve as soon as you open it, as it does this for me.

wobblymike 19:02 25 May 06

yes indeed that seems to work thanks a lot

Ade_1 19:02 25 May 06

No problem, pleased to have helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…