HELP-OLD PROBLEM RETURNS-BLANK SCREEN

it wisna me 20:37 17 Sep 08

hp pavilion dv2000,wins xp.laptop screen been flickering few days now yesterday died on me.screen is blank,the battery light does not light up at all had pc 20 months,its on everyday,I am retired.There is no way I can check the battery wireless switch lights up and hp site not much help.I
this is a problem I had last week completely blank screen we thought we had everything sorted but the same things happened again.This is what was done battery 100%,charger checked,removed hard drive,memory and checked everything but screen blank again.Spoke to a friend who does pc's he thought maybe it could be the lcd screen,if it was would this be expensive to fix or can it be done or considering it is not 2 years old yet should I cut my loses and start saving.hope you can help

MAJ 20:43 17 Sep 08

A screen should last longer than two years. I would take it back to who you bought it from and hopefully get them to fix it under warranty.

it wisna me 20:51 17 Sep 08

I bought it from PC world dec 06,the warranty was only for a year are they likely to fix it do you think

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:22 17 Sep 08

To prove wether screen or somthing else , you need to connect an external monitor and use the Fn + F7 (F4) key combination to switch to the external screen.

If Ok on external then LCd screen may have backlight or invertor gone and is a reasonable easy repair.

If extrnal screen does not come on then you have other problems that may be harder to define.

woodchip 21:39 17 Sep 08

Try the Laptop on Mains without the battery in, if it does not then go the Mains Adapter needs checking to see if its putting anything out, Volts that is

it wisna me 21:59 17 Sep 08

I already tried with my own monitor screen and got no responce with fn+f7,battery out mains in,still grey screen all blue lights on,power and drive light on.Put cd in cd drive the disc spins and can hear the fan other than that nothing

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:03 17 Sep 08

Assuming Fn F7 is correct combination for your laptop the looks as if the problem is "hanging on boot" rather than a screen problem.

remove the hard drive and reboot.

the screen should light and give an error message regarding missing drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…