Help with nvidia geforce...

downie 17:40 26 Sep 07

hi all , ok i have this huge problem with my nvidia geforce card i think it is a 6800gt well thats what drivers i got advised to use before anyway when i turn on my pc with the graphics card insatlled after a few miniuts the screen goes on to standby and when i move the mouse nothing happens just a blank screen and a standby light ,and its not the screen it works perfectly can someone please help me :) thanks

chris-the-womble 17:48 26 Sep 07

I'm not sure but the graphics card might be overheating?

chippy+ 18:02 26 Sep 07

Hi i bought a new 6200 graphics card to replace a mx440 tried all sort of installs had the same problems green bar under xp at bootup was corrupt had to take it out and replace with my old mx440,I tried it in another pc and it worked fine the problem is the pc's capacitores have blown (they have a rounded top) it dosen't seam to have affected the mx440 but a pc shop has told me the motherboard could go at anytime try it in another pc Chippy.

downie 18:03 26 Sep 07

it does the same in another pc

chippy+ 18:34 26 Sep 07

hi the card seams to be faulty take it back and get it changed Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…