help for a novice

Rebanut 12:39 01 Jul 03

I am getting a new PC soon and I am not sure how to save things like my favourites in Explorer from my old PC, also I have visited some adult sites on the web and want to make sure all traces of those have gone before I sell it, any help on these would be gratfully received by an old duffer who is slowly learning.

stuntmaster 13:07 01 Jul 03

simply right click on internet explorer and click properties there you will find a button called "clear history" click on that it will say are you sure you click on yes/ok and thw whole history of those adult sites will be gone. in your new pc it will be the same as before in IE (internet exlorer).

glad i could help

Stuntmaster (ben)

VoG II 13:10 01 Jul 03

To save your favorites and cookies in Internet Explorer go to File/Import and Export and follow the wizard to save them to a floppy. On your new machine, follow the same the method to import them from the floppy.

moore_mat 13:14 01 Jul 03

Just an addition to StuntMaster - the Clear History button only stops IE from predicting what you are typing in the internet bar (e.g. if you typed click here into the box, it would show click here. uk ) To totally clear ALL files, you need to delete them manually.

On the same screen as the "clear history" button, click Settings, then on the new screen click View Files. When this window has opened, delete all the files - this could take a LONG time, so don't worry if your PC looks like it's not doing anything, go and have a cuppa at this point!

For copying your Favourites to the new PC. If you go into "My Computer" --> Into "C:" --> Into "Windows", there is a folder called Favourites - copy this to a disk and you can put this on your new PC - let us know if there's anything else you need to backup and we'll try to describe it...

Regards

Mat

moore_mat 13:15 01 Jul 03

Damn! Too slow again! VoG's suggestion for Favourites is definately easier!

Mat

woodchip 13:17 01 Jul 03

your best bet is to scrub the drive and reload

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…