"Help" is not good enough

pj123 14:50 16 Aug 04

When starting a new thread it does say, "Please ensure that your thread title accurately describes your subject"

Help is not good enough. I do not look at threads that say Help, or help required, or please help etc...

Please give us some sort of explanation of what sort of help you require.

woodchip 14:52 16 Aug 04

yes but sometimes it works because we are nosey

VoG II 14:57 16 Aug 04

I agree but the problem is that those who post theads entitled "Heelp!" probably won't read this.

Smegs 15:02 16 Aug 04

Good point!!!

Cesar 09:41 17 Aug 04

I thoroughly agree with you. I do not read any posts that do not contain a proper thread.

Sethhaniel 09:45 17 Aug 04

Some first time poster in desperate need
--- rejected before his problem is even considered

How to give a forum a 'good' name

rev.bem 11:19 17 Aug 04

I come to this forum to learn and help where i can.

I don't care how people ask.

I don't care if they kant spel

I DON'T CARE IF THEY SHOUT.

If i can help i will regardless.That is the sprit of the forum,it saddens me to se members who are more able to help than me not entering in to it.

Sethhaniel 11:33 17 Aug 04

here is a post from a desperate newcomer wanting help - ok capitals lock on - but someone new who doesn't know its regarded as shouting -
wanting help so HELP in title and thread is resolved as there are people out there willing to help no matter how the subject is displayed.
click here

Sethhaniel 11:36 17 Aug 04

Will keep an eye on here post to see how many helful members will reprimand her for capitals / spelling / etc, etc,

Chegs ® 12:01 17 Aug 04

I just wish folks would tick their posts when sorted.I just looked in My Postings before and most of the page had unticked posts.

Magik ®© 12:08 17 Aug 04

rev.bem has sort of hit it on the head, if someone wants help, why not give it..do we really give a whatsit if the heading is not right..

the graveyards are full of people who would love to help someone....................

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…