HELP with Norton antivirus 2005!

diddi.ash 17:42 29 Dec 04

I purchased the norton antivirus 2005 (symantec) disc, I installed a about 2 months ago and when i put my computer on today it says that "you have exceeded the number of allowable installations for this product key. please visit are website.
My question is if i buy the upgrade download £29.99, will it allow me to carry on using it?

JoeC 17:50 29 Dec 04

the Symantec site first and look for Document ID

Usually just putting the number in the search box works.

diddi.ash 17:57 29 Dec 04

It is telling me to that "This problem can be fixed by downloading and running the SymKBFix.exe file."

Is it safe to do so?

accord 18:01 29 Dec 04

Dont bother spending 30 quid on an upgrade, download AVG from click here its free and I cant see any difference in this and Norton. I used to have Norton but binned it for AVG.

JoeC 18:02 29 Dec 04

find out, this seems to relate to a non activation of your NAv 2005. It also seems as if you have to contact Symantec directly then download the fix.

If the product has been activated before, this would register with Symantec and would throw up this error. I presume ( and have no wish to offend you ) that you have not bought a dodgy CD ?

The reason I ask is that on the Symantec site, they seem to go on endlessly about piracy with regard to your problem . . .

diddi.ash 18:03 29 Dec 04

I think i bought it off ebay and it came with the disc and key code. but why has this come up now after using it for 2 months?
If i get the AVG online do i remove the norton first?

diddi.ash 18:10 29 Dec 04

I also installed it on my mums computer, that worked ok!
So if i uninstall the norton and try installing it again would it work again?

Androcles 18:27 29 Dec 04

I'm in accord with accord,pardon the pun, download AVG 7 to your desktop, go off the net, uninstall Norton, install AVG from your desktop and there you are.Regards.

VoG II 18:29 29 Dec 04

I concur click here

I think that you would have broken the terms of the license agreement by installing Norton on more than one machine anyway.

diddi.ash 18:36 29 Dec 04

Thankyou for all your help i will download the free version of AVG now and remove the norton!

OKSupreme 19:48 24 Jan 05

Installed the software on my computer - successful installation was confirmed, but no configuration window appeared as per users instructions. Tried various ways to open NAV but it won't open. Symantec site says that there might be a conflict with ZoneLabs firewall, which should be removed. After uninstalling NAV, I disabled my ZoneLabs, then re-installed NAV - still wouldn't open. Then uninstalled NAV again, then uninstalled ZoneLabs. On reinstalling NAV, I found it still won't open. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…