Help with non existent virus please!

Amer 19:00 06 Sep 03

Anyone

I keepgetting this long message... to quote,
Trojan Horse Dialer is found in file
C:\system volume information\_restore (45DD618C-CBCC-48E2-A1F2-4AB2084F7639)\RP117\A001748.exe

All double Dutch to me.

It then says run AVG anti virus to deal with it. I have run this and it shows my computer is all clear (AVG is up-to-date)

My only suspicion is that it seems to come up a shrot while after the kids have played with Microsoft Encarta. Could there be a link?

Yours very confused

Amer

VoG II 19:03 06 Sep 03

It is in a Restore Point which AVG cannot clean.

Disable System Restore, run AVG to be sure it has gon, then re-enable System Restore.

This will delete all your restore points.

click here

jimv7 19:05 06 Sep 03

Right click on 'my computer' properties, system restore, click to put a tick in the box to turn off sytem restore, restart computer then re-enable sytem restore.

The virus is in the restore files created by windows, avg can read the files but not access them, turning it off and restarting will flush the files.

Amer 19:20 06 Sep 03

Thanks Vog andf Jimv7 I shall try your suggestions and hopefully all will be well

Amer

frankie 01:19 07 Sep 03

i got this too.thought maybe from messenger via the kids accessing something,done as suggested in post seems to have cleared it.although pcillin did not pick it up or stinger.avg again did.hopefully sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…