help no sound in windows vista !!!

stephen0205 22:06 11 Dec 06

hi there i finally got vista to install on my laptop and now i have no sound. my hd audio device is enabled and set to full 100 sound and that it works fine and there is no sound. Nothing is muted and i have no drivers for this as they were installed when i bought it and no drivers. Can someone please help

Diodorus Siculus 22:20 11 Dec 06

Search google for the drivers if you know the audio manufacturer.
Ifyou don't know it, try SIW click here
SIW - System Information for Windows - Software,Hardware,Network
Try posting in the vista forum where people have more experience...

keith-236785 11:16 12 Dec 06

goto the device manager, uninstal the sound card entry, re-boot your laptop or click the check for new hardware option in the file menu (winxp, dont know if vista has that option)

then when it boots and finds the new hardware, it will ask if you want to connect to the internet, allow it access to the internet to search for the required drivers. it worked for me, it installed all the required drivers for my old ECS test rig which i installed Vista Evaluation edition on.

all needed hardware was setup this way EXCEPT the network card which i had to setup from floppy before i could connect to the internet but once the network card drivers were installed, Vista connected without any other setup needed.

Smiler 11:19 12 Dec 06

Shouldn't this be posted in the Vista forum?

JohnC123 11:38 12 Dec 06

I had a similar problem with WinXP pro - the loudspeaker icon was missing from the task bar.
I had to reload a file called sndvol32.exe - this cured the problem, maybe it works for vista as well ? see the following click here

stephen0205 12:14 12 Dec 06

hi ther i got the drivers from acers website and i dont know the vista forum so i posted here.thnaks for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…