help no links been told to download java

shar101 11:06 06 Apr 05

hi i am having trouble opening links on emails and on web pages can get original page up but no further .... been told by wanadoo our isp to download java which he went thru yesterday but still no joy ... pulling my hair out noone seems to have an answer can anyone help please ... also dont know if anything to do with this but we dont seem to have any proxy settings should we ?????

ACOLYTE 11:30 06 Apr 05

Not sure i understand, have you downloaded and installed java? or are you looking for a link to it?,as for the links not opening in emails have you checked your security settings and made sure java is enabled and have you a pop up stopper installed that may be stopping the links from opening.

shar101 11:46 06 Apr 05

have downloaded and installed java settings all checked and fine??

ACOLYTE 11:49 06 Apr 05

I cant see why jave would stop you opening links to websites if they were java enabled pages you shouls have got a link to install java from them,or at least a message telling you that java needs to be installed.Have you checked for a popup stopper?

shar101 12:13 06 Apr 05

yes thats all done.... really am at a loss cant open any links at all just get a box come up with no text and the wanadoo sign going round and round

VoG II 13:00 06 Apr 05

Did http:// www. not work? click here

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…