Help- No Keyboard

cheffy 15:37 06 Oct 08

I've been having problems with my PC, thought I'd got things sorted until this morning when it wouldn't boot up because of keyboard error. I can't get past this screen as I need to press F1 to continue and keyboard is not working. I have tried swaping to a PS2 keyboard but this made no difference. Now the machine won't boot up at all, I just have a blank screen. Can anyone help please.

birdface 16:34 06 Oct 08

will it work in safe mode.Just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.then Last good configuration or system restore .

mgmcc 16:56 06 Oct 08

If it cannot detect either a USB or a PS/2 keyboard, and has been problematic for a while, it may be that the battery on the motherboard needs to be replaced. Has the clock in the System Tray also been losing time?

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get into the BIOS to check settings either if a keyboard isn't recognised and booting into Safe Mode or Last Known Good Configuration isn't an option.

cheffy 19:33 06 Oct 08

Thankyou both for your help. I was desperate so I took the case off and found the connector to the H/D had come loose. I connected it back up and things seem OK now(well for now anyhow, the way this PC is going I'm just waiting for the next thing to happen) Still I'm learning a bit as I go. Thanks again for your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced