Help with new tft monitor

diddi.ash 13:51 08 Feb 06

Just bought a new computer and tft monitor and pluged it all in but i am getting a 'no signal' on the screen
any ideas please as what to do??

Methedrine 13:55 08 Feb 06

Check that it is plugged into your PC correctly.
Check that there are no bent pins on the monitor plug.

diddi.ash 13:56 08 Feb 06

can i do this why it is switched on, do i put the cd that came with it in or is that just the manual?

diddi.ash 14:23 08 Feb 06

any help!!

rmcqua 14:30 08 Feb 06

Does your PC have integral graphics (on the motherboard) or a separate graphics card? You can usually tell this from the position of the monitor socket on the back of the PC.
Does your PCbase unti power up, ie. are there any lights, sounds of fans running, hard drives working, etc?

diddi.ash 14:34 08 Feb 06

yes the pc is all working it is new and this is the first time i have started it up, yes it has a seperate graphics card i think

diddi.ash 14:38 08 Feb 06

the new pc is an acer T120E-S97L with a nVIDIA G-FORCE FX and the monitor i bought is an acer AL1717

diddi.ash 14:43 08 Feb 06

IF I TRY MY MONITOR CAN I SWAP THEM WITHOUT TURNING COMPUTERS OFF AS THE NEW ONE I CANT, CAUSE THERE NO SCREEN RUNNUNG?

Les 15:19 08 Feb 06

Ow! My ears! Diddi - Capitals are the equivalent of shouting! Have pity <g>

Try the CD - it may have a driver for that monitor.

Hope this helps.

diddi.ash 15:35 08 Feb 06

Yes but how will you see on the screen if it has 'no signal' on it? (sorry for shouting)

diddi.ash 15:37 08 Feb 06

Just tryed that, it did not work, i think im gonna have to diconnect pc from mains and try putting my monitor on it and start it up again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…