Help with new PC build spec.?

JoeTheWiltshire 23:04 22 Nov 13

click here

Hi, decided recently to order a new pc, going to (with a friend) build using components bought through amazon, I just need a confirmation that this build is worth getting, where some problems might be, compatibility, possible components that could be swapped out for better ones at the same price (through amazon) and general recommendations / things to be aware of. I myself have little to no knowledge when it comes to the actual putting together of a PC but my friend knows enough to get it done.

The reason I am checking this is because another friend built an extremely similar pc a couple of days ago and is running into issues involving ram and Bios problems, just want to make sure i'm not paying to end up with a brick.

(Also just to double check that this wishlist is not missing anything I need to buy)

Thanks for any help :)

JoeTheWiltshire 23:05 22 Nov 13

Broken link for some reason: click here

retep888™ 16:04 23 Nov 13

<<The reason I am checking this is because another friend built an extremely similar pc a couple of days ago and is running into issues involving ram and Bios problems, just want to make sure i'm not paying to end up with a brick.>>

I don't see there are any potential issues with your pick of hardwares, your friend's problem might be an isolated one, of course no 100% success is guaranteed until the power button is pressed. The CiT Vantage case is the only weak point being not so well built plus you've to double check if it's enough clearance for that 11" XFX Radeon HD 7970.

<<(Also just to double check that this wishlist is not missing anything I need to buy)>>

May be you'll need an optical drive to install OS ?

JoeTheWiltshire 17:13 23 Nov 13

Aaah yeah Im using the same case and basically the same build as my other friend & it fits fine in there, and I forgot to add that the guy helping me build is bringing his drive for installing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…