Help with new m'board and processor

I bought a new motherboard and processor bundle. I have installed it in this computer exactly the same as the motherboard on this one but nothing happens when I switch on. There is power there and the fans start going but nothing appears on screen. Could it be faulty? Obviously put the old one back in to talk to you!! Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:00 21 Sep 05

Ensure graphics card is seated correctly and monitor

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:01 21 Sep 05

monitor is correctly connected.

Also check memory is seated correctly.

Yes they all were I double checked.

Totally-braindead 20:15 21 Sep 05

Make sure the speaker in the case is connected and it should beep to tell you whats wrong, heres the codes click here. The most likely problem is the graphics card they are very very tight on a new motherboard and you'd be better to remove it and try to put it back again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:36 21 Sep 05

Does the borad have a 20pin and 4pin connector? some boards require both connectors to be plugged in.

Also some graphics cards require a power supply plug to be inserted.

Eay to miss oe of these plugs in the excitement of switching on a new build.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ I dont understand the first bit about the pins and the graphics card is the one that is in this computer and it has no seperate power supply.

quack 20:50 21 Sep 05

Clear the CMOS by moving the jumpers on your Mobo for about 30 seconds then put them back into their original postion - restart computer and enter BIOS to re-enter time date etc. Save and Exit (usually by pressing F10) Computer should then boot

It wont let me enter bios or anything nothing appears to happen

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:05 21 Sep 05

What make model of board? Have you got a link to a picture of this board?

click here 13, is the 20pin power plug on this particular board, new boards may also have another 4pin plug and will not work unless plplugged in.

this is the one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…