Help new laptop playing up

Gadge3791 21:06 06 Jan 08

Hello,

anyone any ideas on this problem, I have a new laptop but I have problems accessing the internet on certian sites, like msn e-mail, facebook etc.

When I search on it you get the green bar that looks like it is looking for it but after 60 seconds or longer it error and comes up with a connection error like the internet connection has been lost (which it has not).

Anyone any idea as to why? is it something to do with the phishing filter?

I'm stumped (AGAIN)

Technotiger 22:17 06 Jan 08

Afraid I can't say what the problem is, but you asked about the phishing filter - have you tried it with the filter off/disabled? Personally I never use any phishing filters.

birdface 00:38 07 Jan 08

Try with your add ons turned off.Or possible bad download from Microsoft last month.I can't remember what one but it interfered with the running of I/E.

birdface 14:59 07 Jan 08

If it is not the add ons scroll back until after the 13th december and you will find that Bad Microsoft update.try deleting it from add remove.If it still the same the update will be added to the new Microsoft updates next Tuesday.Just another thought.You are not using Kaspersky are you.

woodchip 15:10 07 Jan 08

Are you running with Mains Plug in? If not try it with it in.

birdface 11:59 10 Jan 08

Any luck yet.Or do you still have the same problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…