Help with new email programme!

hawthorn59 05:04 16 Jul 14

Hi Folks

I have been using an email programme for 10-12 years, but I think it is on the way out! There are problems with it recently, repeatedly looking for user names/passwords and rejecting them; not sending some emails etc.

It is now owned I think by BT Ireland, but I read that they will probably phase it out. I have it set up through Windows Live Mail.

So Im wondering how do I go about getting a new email account. Is it good enough to use an online one such as Outlook or Gmx.com? I have a gmail one but thousands of spam emails come to it.

My internet provider doesnt provide email hosting so if I wanted to use Mozilla or Windows Live Mail eg, how would I do that? Not sure I fully understand it!

Or are the online ones good enough?

many thanks

h

imendpc 09:21 16 Jul 14

Use OUTLOOK , unlike GMAIL Microsoft has a commitment not to process the contents of your email to target advertising spam to you. You can find out this doing a search. Additionally use a number of email accounts for different purposes. In this way you can always close down any email account at any time without affecting others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced