Help with NETGEAR WPN111

Hedders83 18:33 26 Feb 08

I have bought a Rangemax router that came with a USB adapter WPN111. It is driving me mad, the software loads OK (The newest one as the disk is crap) and the connection appears fine then drops, crashes and I keep having to re start.
I have tried disabling Windows Firewall, has anyone any ideas before I give up with it!! Cheers

brundle 23:34 26 Feb 08

Try using Windows' built in wireless management software instead of the Netgear version.

Hedders83 21:37 27 Feb 08

I have tried that but it appears to do the same and then corrupts the drivers and I had to use systyem restore to resolve back to where I started

brundle 23:20 27 Feb 08

Can you try the adapter in another machine, or disconnect any other hardware already connected via USB to see if things improve?

Hedders83 21:58 28 Feb 08

I have tried it in my laptop but this runs on Vista and my PC is on XP.I though Norton AV may be causing the problem but that appears unlikely after a lengthy chat with their IT

NSF12345 11:06 15 Apr 08

I have noticed the same on ym vista, but this only appears to happen at between 2 and 3am in the morning. other than that, the connection tends to be pretty stable.

My make issue is, The rangemax router with the WPN111 dongle should run at 108Mbps (which it does on my XP machines) but as soon as I connect my Vista machine to the network (using the dongle) the whole network slows to 54Mbps. So much for "Supports Windows Vista". Anyone else getting this problem?

NSF12345 11:35 15 Apr 08

that said, this is my reply from Netgear when i asked them:

Netgear engineers are working hard to release the 108Mbps vista drivers for WG111T. However we are expecting it to be released shortly. We will not be able to give you an exact date of when it will be available. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

hope that helps

setecio 11:52 15 Apr 08

Are you sure you are using drivers for the correct dongle. Your last response from netgear mentions the WG111T, but your is the WPN111 and it already has vista drivers

click here

setecio 11:53 15 Apr 08
  Hedders83 17:21 15 Apr 08

Cheers guys but I got fed up with it and I now have a Netgear WGX102 ethernet bridge plugged into the motherboard LAN, now works perfectly.

setecio 18:01 15 Apr 08

Is that the WGXB102?

Do you need the XE102 at the router end ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…