help Netgear wireless Connectivity Limited Access

Me&U22 10:37 15 Apr 09

Hello all, i've got a problem with my netgear wirless router.

My problem is im currently with virgin media only broadband servicess they've sent me a modem which is works perfectly. so i couldn't move my laptop with me because of those wire connected to the pc and modem.

i decide to buy a netgear wireless from ebay. so i have this wireless connected to the virgin modem for the last 7 month which there isnt any problem. for the last couple of weeks i can not access to internet it says CONNECTIVITY LIMITED ACCESS OR ACCESS LIMITED??? how to make it unlimited?. and its also unscure wireless router ho to make it scure?
now im back to the modem only i just cant use the wireless router and i have carry all the dogy wire all the time.

is there any solustion to the above both questions. thanks in advance

Ashrich 23:39 15 Apr 09

First port of call is to reset the router by pressing an unfolded paper clip or the point of a biro into the reset hole on the back next to the power plug , do this carefully while the router is plugged in and turned on . Connect the router to your PC with an ethernet cable and access the set up pages as you did before when you first set it up ( type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar on your browser and then press enter .

The login in for the router is " admin " and the password is " password " without the quotation marks , go through the various wizards for finding your internet connection and for setting up some security ( WPA is preferable )

When your internet connection has been found and some security set up , detach the ethernet cable and try connecting wirelessly again .

See how you get on from there !!

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced