Help with Net Meter broadband usage

tardis100 07:32 25 Jul 12

Hope I'm in the right Forum. I want to monitor my broadband usage and have just downloaded Net Meter but Help! I just cannot understand what it is doing. I'm not interested in speeds all I want to know is at the end of the day or session how much of my 10GB allowance I have used. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks.

lotvic 16:37 25 Jul 12

There appears to be two programs with that name, one with a space (Net Meter) and a free one without space (NetMeter). Which one do you have?

I use Free ThinkBroadband's meter. Once set up with details it tells me how much of my monthly allowance I've used when I hover cursor over icon. Various alarms can be set to alert me and it gives a full log of daily, monthly usage etc. (though I have disabled the Automatic file sending testing feature)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:15 25 Jul 12

NetMeter see here

Look in totals and reports for your uploads and downloads

You can set a warning for when you approach your limit

tardis100 22:21 25 Jul 12

Thanks lotvic and Fruit Bat hadn't realised there were 2 with such similar names and I mustn't have the free one because I keep being asked to "buy" so I'm just about to delete Net Meter and look for NetMeter and also your suggestion lotvic. Sorry to seem 'absent' but it's been a busy day - now I'm back and will sort something out. Really appreciate the help. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…