Help needed with XP Magazine CD

Rhuddlan 10:02 01 May 03

I have the an edition of the XP magazine with a various demos on it, such as ejay and Rayman 3, installation is fine, but then when the game loads and I select English as the lanuage, a message appears saying that the database is missing, it works fine on my friends XP machine, they are both home editions and I have tried installing the demo in both of my hard drives, but still the same message appears, I have also tried playing the demo with and without the CD in the computer, but again this doesn't work, thanks for the help and sorry for being inpateient, as I have already posted a thread about this but with no solutions, regards, Rhuddlan.

MAJ 10:11 01 May 03

The first thing I would try, Rhuddlan, is to use your mate's CD to install the demos on your PC. At least you know his is working, this course of action will rule in or out a possible problem with your free CD. It's not unknown for coverdisks to be corrupt, even when another one works perfectly.

Rhuddlan 12:18 01 May 03

My friend hasn't got the CD, the CD is mine and when I try it on her computer, it works perfectly, this sounds like a problem with my computer and not the CD, doesn't it, thanks for the help, but help still needed.

San Alwigi 14:35 01 May 03

My solution would be to post this question as a thread in the forum of that magazine (whoever they are) they may have readers who have reported a similar problem....or maybe they don't have such a cool online Helproom as PC Advisor?

woodchip 14:45 01 May 03

This may sound stupid but have you got your comp set to Language English British, in Control Panel Regional Settings

Rhuddlan 15:07 01 May 03

I should have yes, I've never looked, anyway i'm in work at the moment, so I'll check after 6PM tonight and let you all know if it is, thanks.

Rhuddlan 18:12 01 May 03

Yes, it is set to English British.

rickf 20:13 01 May 03

XP mag has a help section for punters of their mag. Why not ask or even give them a call. I did once and they were helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…