help needed which do i need to get

zolaisugly 11:21 04 Sep 06

i am trying to add a firewire port on my compaq presario v5000 laptop (which was brought about 6mths ago),so i can sync my ipod with my laptop. I tried to fit a PCMCIA card however on closer inspection the card does not fit because it need'd to be this shape ________
| |
| |
| |____
| |
| |
| |
| |
|_____________|
(pic of card not to scale)
it is the same size of a PCMCIA card i thought it was a ATA cardbus but have not found any results from searching, i have heard about a new card format called cardexpress any idea's if this is what i need? and if so will be able to add firewire ports with this new card type?

i have tried to use a usb to ipod cable however all this does is freeze my laptop until i unplug the cable, the ports are usb2.

if anybody could post any links to where i can find such a card or any other other info i would really appreaciate

many thanks

adrian

zolaisugly 12:10 04 Sep 06

just found out i need a expresscard/54 or a express/34 which is smaller but will still fit, here is a link if anybody is interested.
click here

i would still like to find a card that will allow me to add firewire ports any help much appreaciated.

many thanks

adrian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…