help needed which do i need to get

zolaisugly 11:21 04 Sep 06

i am trying to add a firewire port on my compaq presario v5000 laptop (which was brought about 6mths ago),so i can sync my ipod with my laptop. I tried to fit a PCMCIA card however on closer inspection the card does not fit because it need'd to be this shape ________
| |
| |
| |____
| |
| |
| |
| |
|_____________|
(pic of card not to scale)
it is the same size of a PCMCIA card i thought it was a ATA cardbus but have not found any results from searching, i have heard about a new card format called cardexpress any idea's if this is what i need? and if so will be able to add firewire ports with this new card type?

i have tried to use a usb to ipod cable however all this does is freeze my laptop until i unplug the cable, the ports are usb2.

if anybody could post any links to where i can find such a card or any other other info i would really appreaciate

many thanks

adrian

zolaisugly 12:10 04 Sep 06

just found out i need a expresscard/54 or a express/34 which is smaller but will still fit, here is a link if anybody is interested.
click here

i would still like to find a card that will allow me to add firewire ports any help much appreaciated.

many thanks

adrian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch