Help needed! - virus infection shellllconhidden

chocolatejo987 22:45 08 Mar 05

I got a virus (the doom worm one), which hasn't done anything bad to my computer as such (presuming my anti virus has prevented damage). Which I have done all i can get remove (using my virus programmes website)

However, and I am presuming they are related, when I switch off the computer, I get a "ending programme" box, that is entitled "Shellllconhidden window", and it needs to stop the programme. What is this programme? I have done a search for it, and cannot find anything to delete.

Another box also comes up when shutting down, something about dslx..........or someother letter formation.

It then makes an error noise before closing.

I know this all sounds a little vague, but trying my best!

Any advice would be welcomed.

chocolatejo987 23:09 08 Mar 05

I scrolled down the forum, and am trying something reccomended there. Will let you know if it fixes the problem.

Happy Soul 23:09 08 Mar 05

click here and run it. It covers a number of variants of MY DOOM.

chocolatejo987 10:13 09 Mar 05

I have run both the programme above, and the one from a pervious message, so i am presuming the MyDoom virus has gone now.

However I am still getting the problems at shut-down (please read first post)........I have Ad-Aware, SpyBot, Zone Alarm, and an AntiVirus, none of which are picking anything up.

Anyone have any ideas?

VoG II 10:19 09 Mar 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…