HELP NEEDED URGENTLEY!

Rhuddlan 16:20 28 Oct 05

My friend's computer is giving out three beeps one after the other after switching it on. Nothing displays on the monitor , the tower's power light is on in (green) and the fans are working, but three beeps sound and a 3 second gap in between the next three, switched it off and when switching back on, the same thing happens! Any ideas, thanks in advance.

recap 16:21 28 Oct 05

You will have to check the motherboard manual for troubleshooting the sequence of the three bleeps.

Splork 16:23 28 Oct 05
  Rhuddlan 16:23 28 Oct 05

I will go back there now and see if she still has it, as the comp is 3 years old, think she said she has lost all her manuals, is there another way of finding out what these beeps mean?

woodchip 16:26 28 Oct 05

Faulty Graphics \card, You could try reseating it

Rhuddlan 16:27 28 Oct 05

I wouldn't know how, should u need to be an advanced user for this task?

woodchip 16:35 28 Oct 05

no just remove the side of the computer, there should be a card in slot that the monitor is plugged into, a screw old this in. with the power plug removed from wall plug take the screw out and remove the card then replug it back in and fit the screw. if it does not work then suspect its had it

SANTOS7 16:37 28 Oct 05

click here
once inside the tower you will see something like pics in link...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:37 28 Oct 05

Video card install
click here

pictures to show how easy it is to fit /remove /refit a card

flyingbrit 16:55 28 Oct 05

Is this the same friend as this one?click here it is and it's sorted could you please let people know and tick resolved box.As for this one ....pass,sorry....britsdad

flyingbrit 16:57 28 Oct 05

Oh bother.... that link doesn't work,but it's about aol connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017