Help Needed Urgent!!!

reece1705 16:39 13 Jun 06

I have stored some really important work on a 128mb memory stick (/pen drive). It has been workin fine till today wen i pluggd it in and windows says"USB device not recognized - One Of the usb devices on this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." Wot can i do. wihtout this work im really in a mess. I thort i ad backup copies as well but i didnt. wot can i do

Jackcoms 16:47 13 Jun 06

"wot can i do"

1). Use a thread title that actually describes your problem, NOT "Help Needed Urgent!!!"

2). Try the memory stick in another PC. If that doesn't recognise it, you have probably lost the files on the memory stick.

3). Use English rather than text-speak; which not all of us understand.

reece1705 16:49 13 Jun 06

1) The thread does describe my situation. really well for your informatiuon
2)i have tried the memory stick on 5 pcs
3) wot is not text language. wuu2 is

chub_tor 16:52 13 Jun 06

Google "file recovery from USB Memory Stick as I did click here
Then take your pick of the tools listed.

Jackcoms 16:56 13 Jun 06

1). A lot of people come here for urgent help. If everybody used a thread title like yours the Forum's search function would be a waste of time. In any event, this point has been done to death in the past.
2). As I said, you have probably lost your files, if the other 5 PCs have also failed to recognise the stick.
3). If you say so.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:00 13 Jun 06

Uinstall EVERYTHING under the heding USB in device manager and rbbot the machine with the drive plugged in.

let XP reinstall all new hardware found your stick may then be recognised.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:02 13 Jun 06

3). Difference between GCSE English and O level English I'm afraid.

chub_tor 17:05 13 Jun 06

If the stick has been tried on 5 different PC's I don't think that uninstalling the USB via Device Manager will help in this instance.

Bagsey 17:05 13 Jun 06

Sorry to disagree with you but "Help Needed Urgent"!!! does not describe the problem. Something more on the lines "Of Memory Stick Problem" would have been more appropriate.The Members here who help everyone and anyone freely and willingly only ask that the headings indicate the problem to be dealt with. Not too much to ask I would think.

reece1705 17:11 13 Jun 06

Thank you for your courtesy Bagsey. At least you could take the time to explain why the thread title is a problem. Had Jackcoms had explained his reasoning I would not have argued. And you were right Fruitbat about the fact that uninstalling the usb wouldnt work. However GCSE would kick O levels ass anyday

Jackcoms 17:15 13 Jun 06

I explained in full about the inappropriateness of your thread title.

"However GCSE would kick O levels ass anyday"

I wasn't aware that O levels had a donkey. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…