Help Needed with Sky Broadband Wireless Connection

Gloria1504 18:44 01 Sep 08

Hi there I hope someone can help. We have Sky Broadband....the broadband and home PC (connected with cables) is all working fine. We have a PC upstairs which is connecting wirelessly - all fine - so we know there is no problem with the modem and wireless ability.

Our laptop, which previously connected to the Sky, has now stopped doing so. It is picking up the Signal and signal strenght is excellent - but will not connect to the internet.

I wook it in to work to get one of our IT guys take a look, but it connected to our work wirless no worries and I browsed the internet all day - so couldnt demonstrate the problem.

Therefore it appears to be only with our home wireless connection.....have rung Sky and they say its not their problem - Great!!!

HELP

tullie 19:48 01 Sep 08

Did you first connect the laptop by cable to set it up first,before going wireless?

brundle 19:55 01 Sep 08

Follow some or all of the steps here; click here

Including the post by chaudha regarding powering everything down - don't worry about updating firmware, and I maintain 1,6 and 11 for channels to try as they don't overlap in terms of frequencies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…