Help needed to set up a wireless router

Tracywt2 17:48 13 Apr 09

Hi. I'm really not very technical and desperately need help to set up a wireless connection. I have installed a Belkin wireless adapter and now need to set up the router which is an Orange Siemens Gigaset SE572. I did try to set this up previously but put in an incorrect code when it asked for the WEP. It should have been the serial number from the unit, however I just used my normal internet password. How can I resolve this? Also, do I still need the modem or does the router replace this? Any help is gratefully rec'd.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:08 13 Apr 09

Xp or Vista?

XP = Start -settings - network settings - wireless connection - right click select properties - wireless networks tab - preferred networks box click you router name - properties - Network key - type in the correct number - click OK.

Tracywt2 22:13 13 Apr 09

Hi. I'm on XP, however as I input a wrong code the wizard wouldn't let me continue through the whole process and therefore the wireless connection doesn't show up. If I try to run the set up CD again itdoesn't give me the option to change the WEP so I sort of get stuck in a loop. I can't remove the program and start again as it somehow is holding some of the information, but not enough to show it in add/remove programs. Sorry if I haven't explained this so you can understand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…