Help needed re sound card.

edenworkshops 12 Aug 12

Hello

My PC has a sound card built into the mother board...and it is defective, producing very distorted sound.

I run the PC sound system through an external amplifier and speakers. I checked the external system was ok by substituting a normal pair of PC speakers, and the problem was the same.

I believe I am right in thinking that it is easy to obtain and fit a sound card that can plug into the sockets on the mother board (or something?).

I know I have to go into bios and deselect the onboard sound card.

Anything else I should be thinking of?

Thank you

Richard

wee eddie 12 Aug 12

USB Soundcard: about £10 - £15

KRONOS the First 12 Aug 12

There you go. Click Here.

xania 13 Aug 12

Or USB ones

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=PCI%20soundcard&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ASUMenGB485GB485&q=pci%20sound%20card%20&gsupl=0l0l2l2991255lllllllllll0&aqi=g4&pbx=1#hl=en&gsnf=1&tok=wuJK7dNicOkkHc-3iogdw&ds=sh&pq=pci%20sound%20card&cp=3&gsid=a&xhr=t&q=usb+sound+card&pf=p&rlz=1T4ASUMenGB485GB485&tbm=shop&sclient=psy-ab&oq=usb+sound+card&gsl=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.rgc.rpw.rqf.&fp=715d4c0cdc9c4aed&biw=1024&bih=556

KRONOS the First 13 Aug 12

xania

Your link.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message