Help needed please - cannot get into computer

dnjl 17:25 05 Mar 09

Help needed please.

Today I could not connect to internet. I turned off and tried again and this time and each time I've tried after, I get as far as putting my password in and the computer tells me it's loading my personal settings - and then goes to my background screen and does nothing else!!

iscanut2 19:19 05 Mar 09

Can you tell what operating system and how you connect..Dial up modem, broadband via a modem or router, if router, make of router...

birdface 22:12 05 Mar 09

Check that your air vents are clear of dust and fluff if so inside will also need cleaning.

or maybe try starting in safe mode.[just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.]And maybe try a system restore to a time before you had the problems.or even run your security programs in safe mode if it starts.

iscanut2 09:02 06 Mar 09

He can use the computer, it's his internet connection that is giving the trouble !

dnjl 09:15 06 Mar 09

Thanks to all for all help.

Discovered it is actually my screen that is faulty. It started making loud clicking noises - so disconnected it and tried wife's screen (dodgy I know) - however, it worked perfectly and I was getting into everything.

Screen now being exchanged under warranty.

iscanut2 09:47 06 Mar 09

My apologies..I assumed that he could get the pc up but not the connection !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…