Help needed - Pest Patrol's a real pest

velodrome 09:33 14 Mar 03

Downloaded the full version of Pest Patrol. When opened, the "delete" and "quarantine" buttons were inoperative. (apparently this the way the free version works, the programme will reveal any pests but will not delete them)
Contacted Pest Patrol support, who suggested that I had obtained the free version by mistake and that I should uninstall and download the correct version from their website.
On the new download the buttons still did not function.
I have since received 14 e-mails from Pest Patrol without one suggestion as to what the problem could be.
Can anyone help please.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:10 14 Mar 03

It may be that there is still some entries in the reg and the new download didnt over-right them so it still working like the free version.

velodrome 11:30 14 Mar 03

Thanks "A Nickname", but the first version that I downloaded was the full version. It was only because it didn't work that the support at Pest Patrol thought I had the free version.
They still havn't come up with any further ideas though.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:34 14 Mar 03

Just a thought but wouldnt the buttons be blank until there was acctually somethin to delete or quarentine.

Regards.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 11:34 14 Mar 03

Ask for your money back!!

Then download KaZaA lite and download Pest Patrol off there. I did and it works perfectly. These companies are quick to take their money but not so quick with the answers when things go wrong.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:38 14 Mar 03

Not sure downloadin anythin through Kazza is a good idea but each to there own,not to sure what pest controll is ,is it a virus checker,spyware checker ? just curious lol.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 11:43 14 Mar 03

Spyware detector and remover

velodrome 11:45 14 Mar 03

"A Nickname"
the buttons are not greyed out, they just don't work.
Pest Patrol stops cookies, worms, trojans, etc infecting your machine.
After scanning the HD, you can either delete or quarantine the items. (not in my case it seems)
but it must work somewhere as i've heared good reports

velodrome 11:50 14 Mar 03

Thanks "spyman 2003"
The company say they will refund your money if you're not happy. Mind you they also boast that their support is excellent.

Phased 12:16 14 Mar 03

SpyMan²°°³ The problem with your approach is that if everyone took your advise & downloaded it from Kazaa the company that produces Pest Patrol would close pronto. Without those who pay for software there would be no software. And before you start bleating about being oh so poor I'm skint to & I buy my software.

Andsome 12:16 14 Mar 03

Sorry to disagree with another post, but AVOID Kaaza like the plague. Even if you don't download virus infected so called music from them, you will probably be riddled with Spyware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…