Help needed - Is outlook really to blame?!

totty102 17:00 17 Nov 04

Ok, I have posted this problem before about 6 months ago and Ive put up with it as it only happens now and again.
I have a Win XP SP2 PC I am always uptodate with current anti virus/spyware programs windows etc. My PC randomly reboots itself sometimes. It can happen anytime - when the pc just boots up, when its been on for hours, whenever! When the PC boots up again I get a warning that the system has recovered from a serious error with the messages:
C:\DOCUME~1\CHARLO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc975.dir00\Mini111704-04.dmp
As above but \Temp\WERc975.dir00\sysdata.xml

Having researched online, I dont seem to be the only one with this problem and emptied the mini dump files which I believe the PC writes everytime something iffy happens. I discovered that XP reboots automatically too when something goes wrong so I switched this off.
Its rebooted again and I believe that Outlook may be to blame as it has just happened when I went to open OE. In the past I recall it has happened when I click on emails etc.
A blue screen came up with the usual check your hardware notice and MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE??

Sorry to waffle on but Im determined to sort this out. Please help. Does OE have a problem if its causing my PC to reboot?

VoG II 17:12 17 Nov 04

Delete this folder

C:\DOCUME~1\CHARLO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc975.dir00

That is the DOS name, e.g. DOCUME~1 is Documents and Settings.

totty102 17:17 17 Nov 04

Thanks Ive deleted that file but like Ive said it happens so randomly I wont be able to tell if it works.
DO you know why it only seems to reboot when I click on anything to do with OE?

VoG II 17:21 17 Nov 04

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery click Settings. Under System Failure untick the box in front of Automatically restart.

The next time there is an error you will get an error message on a blue screen. Post the error message here.

You could try running the Internet Explorer repair tool which will repair OE as well click here

totty102 17:55 17 Nov 04

I have disabled the PC to reboot automatically already.
A blue screen came up with MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_
Then a statement saying there had been an error ete etc then STOP - 0x00000044 (0x82D4D6E8, 0x00000DG2, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
i hope this helps thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:58 17 Nov 04
  VoG II 18:01 17 Nov 04

Do you have Novell Client click here

totty102 18:11 17 Nov 04

No Novell Client - having a look on Google but nothing really seems that relevant to me. Will use IE repair tool when I have finished using PC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…