help needed linking desktop to laptop

septic 18:08 12 Sep 03

I am trying to link a desktop and laptop via a usrobotics 3 step wireless network link. I am running XP on my laptop and ME on my on my desktop(server)

I have installed all hardware and software as per instructions and all is ok. However, when I attempt to read from either I can't.

SO far I have been able to see my desktop pc in the 'workgroup computers' on my laptop but no shared files even though I have enabled them on both machines.

I have another network at home with PC's sharing everthing with no problems. Both run XP and never go wrong. The only trouble I had which is similar was refusal to give access to files, but this was due to a 'firewall' blocking access.

I have disabled all anti-virus and firewalls (this gave me the access to the desktop (server) via the laptop) with no success. I have noticed that I use AOL which has it's own firewall running. Could this be the problem and if so how do I reduce the level of security to allow file sharing?

Any suggestions welcome

y_not 05:57 13 Sep 03

^Bump^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…