help needed for internet explorer 6

cabbieman 21:57 19 Apr 04

I had a problem with this occasionally on win 98. The problem was it wouldn't open pages but when I went into add/remove programmes and clicked on the repair,it would fix it. Now i've upgraded onto win 2000 it is doing it all the time.I need to shut down then go into repair then shut down again but it doesn't always work. Anybody know what the problem is.

Smegs 22:04 19 Apr 04

cabbieman, can you make your self clearer? Can you not open LINKS?

cabbieman 22:10 19 Apr 04

click here

This was the original thread. Yes,it's links I seem to be having a problem with

Smegs 22:20 19 Apr 04

If you have tried everything on that thread, try this- Goto the start button, click it, goto run, type in regsvr32 urlmon.dll, click ok. When U get the next screen come up, click ok. If this doesn't work, repeat the above, BUT replace URLMON.DLL, with shdocvw.dll, msjava.dll, actxprxy.dll, oleaut32.dll, mshtml.dll, browseui.dll, shell32.dll(only for 2000 & Xp). It may not help. Good luck. I'll try and find the proper page on ms windows site.

Smegs 22:27 19 Apr 04

click here this will explain it better.

cabbieman 22:38 19 Apr 04

When I click "click here" nothing happens unless I go thru all the shutting down process.Still going thru your last suggestions.God it's so frustrating when you don't know what things are for!!!

Smegs 22:44 19 Apr 04

SORRY, I forgot. http://, put www infront of support.

cabbieman 22:52 19 Apr 04

Smegs, that seems to be exactly my problem. Will go through it and hopefully find an answer. Thanks for your time.Will let you know how I get on.

Smegs 23:19 19 Apr 04

Good luck.

cabbieman 03:20 24 Apr 04

Have reinstalled windows 2000 and this appears to have done the trick. Fingers crossed it stays ok.Thanks for your time and patience smegs.

Smegs 23:54 25 Apr 04

Cabbieman, not a prob. Good luck, take care. Shaun.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…