Help Needed Installing Graphics Card

gcs_uk 19:57 12 Mar 03

Having problems trying to install a graphics card. It is torndao GeForce 440MX PCI - when I
first installed it and restarted my machine everything worked fine but when i loaded up a game it was still using the onboard graphics, so i was going to restart the machine but all that happened was that everything went grey and colourless and the machine would not turn off. So I turned it off at the mains restarted and then another problem came to light - the monitor was blank and all i could see was the mouse indicator - so i turned off the machine and took out the graphics card then rebooted and disabled the onboard graphics by going thru device manager, shut the machine down and put back the graphics card into the PCI slot and restart my machine, the PC whirrs into life all the usual green flights flash on however my monitor remains blank - i know power is going to it cos the light is orange but it never goes to green.
The only way i have been able to get my machine to work is by taking out the graphics card.

I have a packard bell imedia 4606 and the chipset is intel celeron 8210e, the graphics controller is intel 82810e. I know my machine is compatible b/c i checked it out with the vendor but for info purposes it is running xp, 1.1 intel celeron processor, has 256ram and 3 spare pci slots.

any help would be appreciated.
cheers

midase 20:44 12 Mar 03

You will need to uninstall the existing drivers for the onboard graphics so that you are just running on the Standard VGA. Install the new card and drivers. This should all be explained in the install manual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…