help needed installing game

dfghjkl 15:03 25 Aug 03

athalon 1400,288ram,23gig left from 30gig.win xp pro. i have just tried to load a game,virtual simpsons,it says that it needs 640kb on hard drive,when i try to install it says there is not enough room.can anyone help as my 11 year old is driving me mad,the game was made in the win 95 era so might not work anyway.

sil_ver 15:26 25 Aug 03

Have you tried running it in compatability mode?

dfghjkl 15:27 25 Aug 03

thanks but how do i do that?

sil_ver 15:36 25 Aug 03

Ah! I'm not sure but I think you need to right click on the game icon and click on 'run in compatability mode' or something like that. If you press F1 on your desktop there might be something about it there.

alan 2273 16:37 25 Aug 03

To change mode right click the shortcut to you r game, left click properties left click compatability then enter which mode you want left click apply then ok.
I think you will find if it says not enough memory that it will not run as i have had this problem trying to run older software with XP

dfghjkl 22:31 25 Aug 03

i have no shortcut as i cant install,this is my problem,son number 1 giving me grief

sil_ver 22:40 25 Aug 03

Suppose you could maybe get a copy of Win98 and put it on a separate partition and have a dual boot system.

Ironman556 22:50 25 Aug 03

The method may work for this too.

Go to your CD ROM and browse to the setup file. Right click it and select properties, select compatibility and run in 95 mode. Run setup and it should hopefully install for you.

When installed go to the shortcut, click properties, select find target. Set the target and set it to run in compatibility mode.

Ironman.

woodchip 23:01 25 Aug 03

It's looking for DOS memory

alan 2273 16:45 26 Aug 03

to create a shortcut click start all programes - right click the game highlight send to - left click desktop ( create shortcut)

Mitsio 17:11 26 Aug 03

I also installed a game, zoombinis as it goes, and this blighter did not like the C drive's NTFS file system that i was attemptint to install on. It installed and runs fine on the FAT 32 partition that is the d drive, if thats any help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…