//some 3rd party need geo

Help needed for eye strain

Mutant_Llama 16:43 18 Aug 05

Wondered if anyone else out there has suffered this, and if so how to get around it?

I have just bought an Acer 5021 laptop and since using it I am getting painful eye strain. I have raised the refresh rate to over 100htz in Windows and then used REFORCE to force an 85htz rate across the board.

Still getting the problem though, I have just raised it to over eye level (as I hear the this is supposed to help) but wondered if anyone else has ever suffered this?

Graham ® 17:00 18 Aug 05

Increase the text size?

Completealias 17:03 18 Aug 05

Try lowering the brightness of your screen, If I am correct I don't think refreash rates make a difference with LCD and TFT monitors as they don't operate in the same way as a CRT monitor.

wee eddie 17:07 18 Aug 05

Try using it in different lighting conditions. In other words, move the screen to a position where bright light is not striking it directly.

Reset to default settings. Then, as Completealias says, adjust the brightness.

Mutant_Llama 17:08 18 Aug 05

Cheers mate, I have a feeling that it may well be the brightness so have knocked it down to minimum and will see if this helps. I am quite sure it is not the text size as I have a smaller resolution on a monitor and this is fine.

VCR97 19:43 18 Aug 05

I have an adjustable desk-lamp to one side of the lap-top. It reduces the contrast and makes viewing much less of a problem.

Pooke 23:16 18 Aug 05

I found reducing the brightness helped. When I bought my monitor it was set at 50% I have it at a big fat ZERO PERCENT now.

Pooke

Mutant_Llama 16:30 06 Apr 06

Had to give up on a laptop, tried 3 different types and numerous different brightness and lighting setups, 2 minutes in and bad eye strain =(

Thanks anyway!

wee eddie 18:00 06 Apr 06

Some thoughts:

Most Laptop screens have a very limited range of viewing angles. So try moving the screen about a bit, actually it's easier to move your head up and down - or side to side, till you have the optimum position and then to adjust the screen so that you can type and view it at that particular angle.

canard 00:37 07 Apr 06

If you wear specs measure the distance from eye to screen and get lenses made with that distance focus. Mine is 18 inches and makes ALL the difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…