Help needed with display.

PeteThePete 13:30 29 Oct 04

Hi,

My parents have just contacted me to say that they're having problems with their pc.

For some reason (god knows what they've done OR how !) their entire screen has been rotated 90 degrees clockwise and the Start Menu/taskr bar is now along the left hand side of the screen.

At the mo, they have to turn their heads to the side to read the screen (failing that, the monitor will have to tilted lol). Can anyone give me any advice on how they can change it back to normal ?

Thanks.

dan 11 13:43 29 Oct 04

It maybe that the graphics card is a nvidia.

Try this; Right click a blank area on the desktop and pick properties. Now move over to the settings tab and pick advanced.Is there a nvidia tab there? If so click the tab to open it. Now look for a NVrotate setting. If it's there you can rotate the screen 90 or 180 degrees.

They may also be a Nvidia setting in the task bar. The rotation effect is also located there.

mgmcc 13:53 29 Oct 04

In one of my PCs, I can rotate the screen with:

"Alt Gr" and the Arrow keys or

"Ctrl+Alt" and the Arrow keys

Give it a try ;-)

PeteThePete 14:31 29 Oct 04

My parents don't have a NVidia card but, over the phone, I've been able to get my mum to go into their card properties and find the "rotate" setting.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…