Help needed for a damsel in distress guys.

geordielad307 15:01 19 May 05

I unplugged my sons computer without shutting it down first (I was in a hurry). When I turn it on now it's starts to power up then comes to a menu which gives you options eg. Start where you left off, just start etc...not 100% sure as it's all in German. Anyway, whatever option I pick it starts powering up, the Windows XP loading screen comes up but then it goes back to the first screen with the options again.

What do I have to do. Please help my sons chucking a wobbly.

xania 15:43 19 May 05

As the computer startsd loading up press the <F8> key which should bring up an options menu for loading. Try 'Safe Mode' which should try to repair all your settings - once it settles down, reboot and it should be OK.

If this fails, try 'load last successful' from the same menu. If that fails, go back to the 'Safe' option then <Start> <Run> <sfc /scannow>, but you will need to have your Windows XP CD to hand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…