HELP Needed to connect a wifi extender to my router

Daiol 17:55 16 Feb 14

Good Evening all. I do hope that someone can help me out here.I have a TP-Link wifi extender, Model No: TL-WA850RE.Uk.VER1. I have been tying to get this item connected to my Brightbox router and totally failed followed the instruction that came with the item,Also done a lot of googleing and with no luck. Has any one had any luck with one of these that may be so kind as to pass on some info to assist me here.Also Forgot to say Running windows 7. What a pain in the rear end it has been all weekend. Even been here....click here Please. Thanks.

Help

onthelimit1 18:45 16 Feb 14

I set one of these up in the local pub a few months ago. The only way I could do it was to plug into my laptop using the ethernet cable and enter the settings page from there while being close to the router. Can't remember it being difficult once I'd done that.

bumpkin 21:15 16 Feb 14

I had a similar problem. The only way I could get to the settings were as onthelimit1 says which was via an ethernet cable to a laptop. It is easy to set up once you have accessed the settings but I could not do it on a desktop for some inexplicable reason'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…