help needed on choosing analogue pci card!

wyatt earp 20:55 28 Jul 04

Hi all, My son uses Pinacle DV 9.1 editing software and works mainly in digital using a firewire connector.

Several of his friends have older camcorders (sony 8mm) and he wants to capture this analogue video and put it onto dvd.

Can anyone recommend a suitable pci card.

We have an Asus A7N8X deluxe mobo running Win XP Home.

Thanks in anticipation.

Wyatt

stalion 22:44 28 Jul 04

refresh

wyatt earp 07:05 29 Jul 04

Does anyone have the Pinnacle studio av/dv version which includes the following:
Pinnacle Studio AV/DV version 9
Pinnacle Studio AV/DV version 9 is an internal analog and digital video card that lets you capture your home movies from any consumer videotape to your PC.
Includes the full version of Studio 9, the world?s top-selling consumer software video editor.

If so, can you tell me what type of capture card is bundled with it? It may be a non pinnacle branded card which i can buy from a net retailer.

Thanks Wyatt

Bagsey 07:48 29 Jul 04

What Dv camm is he using? So many today are able to be used as a pass through converter from analogue to digital. If he has not that facility the I would suggest that you post your query here
click here as there is a great deal of expertise on that site.

cga 09:07 29 Jul 04

I have a Hercules video capture card linked to the output SCART of a standard VHS video recorder. It works well for me but I dont use pinnacle software (thought about trialling it but have not got round to it yet).

I know that some software only supports certain capture cards (MyDVD does not support mine) so I would suggest that you check on the Pinnacle site for any compatibility list.

wyatt earp 17:29 29 Jul 04

Thanks for the info.

I can't seem to see a separate video capture card on the Pinnacle site so i will hope someone on this board has one already in use with Studio version 9.1 which they could recommend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple