help needed with boot up login page win xp

computerdiv 18:57 21 Jan 09

Hi again all,
I recently got a bug and had to reinstall xp from scratch. As my pc was still in it's infant stage I thought I would have a play with the set up of the login page at the start of boot up. I changed the pictures on the little tabs using the users function in control panel and wanted to change the background picture as well.
Went to regedit HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper and changed the value to c:\(picture of my own.bmp)

Now I have no login screen at all, just an administrator login panel and no background of any type, just a black screen.

can any one help me to get the login tabs back. thanks

Pineman100 19:02 21 Jan 09

I should use System Restore to roll back to a point before you made the change.

You don't need a registry edit to change your wallpaper. Just go to Control>Panel>Display>Desktop tab. Click the browse button and pick an image from your hard drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:07 21 Jan 09

Change the Windows Logon screen background colour
click here

Customize the logon screen wallpaper, screensaver and other settings using Tweak UI
click here

Colour Of The Wallpaper
Code:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Colours
Background = 0 78 152

Background = R G B

Where R = 0 to 255
G = 0 to 255
B = 0 to 255

Picture In The Background

Code:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop
OriginalWallPaper REG_SZ FileName
WallPaper REG_SZ Filename

Both OriginalWallPaper and WallPaper File Names Should be The Same And It Must Be a ".BMP" File

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…