Help Needed

Panzipp 13:17 21 May 08

I recently had a major crash whilst trying to paste a photo to desktop. I was also in MSN at the time and connected to the internet. When I turned the computer on again all of my desktop icons were not there and my computer crashes everytime I try to access any programs, except Second Life???? The strangest thing is I cannot access the internet yet I can get into Second Life?? Does anyone have any suggestions?

recap 13:31 21 May 08

Have you tried a system restore?

FatboySlim71 13:38 21 May 08

First of all a better title would have been better, Help Needed does not tell anyone about what your problem is, everyone who posts a question requires HELP NEEDED.

Try and do a system restore to a time before you had the crash, I don't know what your operating system is, but on XP you need to do the following procedure:

1: Click Start.

2: Left click All Programs.

3: Left click Accessories.

4: Left click System Tools.

5: left click System Restore.

6: Follow the instructions on the wizard. Choose a date that you know that the computer was working fine, basically you want to choose a date/time as near to the crash has possible.

Technotiger 14:51 21 May 08

If trying a System Restore - only the dates in Bold print are Restore Points.

Technotiger 14:59 21 May 08

To put a photo on your desktop it is not normal to Paste. You can drag and drop from your My Pictures folder to the Desktop - this would leave an icon which you can click on to see the photo, or to open it in a Photo program on your PC. Or, if you want the photo to be your Desktop background you should be able to Right-click on it in My Pictures and then choose to Set as Background.

Alan-Petrie 16:38 21 May 08

virus scan perhaps ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…