help needed

BWFCHORWICH 12:27 02 Feb 04

i have uploaded my website (designed in front page) to my webspace. is there a way of directing users to a certain page?

ie www.m y site.co.uk/messageboard

at the moment every page is named www.m y site.co.uk (example)

thanks for your help

tomleady 13:10 02 Feb 04

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="4;URL=examplepage.htm">

put that in your head tags.

the 4 means that afetr 4 seconds the page "examplepage.htm" will load. you can change that to '0' and it will just skip straight there (i think)

anyway, try that.

Tom

tomleady 13:11 02 Feb 04

you need to put that into the page that first loads up when the user types in your URL. its usually called -index, or default

Tom

BWFCHORWICH 14:59 02 Feb 04

what i am trying to do is enter my website at a certain page ie

www. m y website.co.uk/messageboard

rather than www.m y site.co.uk and then go through the menu's to find the message board page.

do you catch my drift??

PurplePenny 19:26 02 Feb 04

Post a link to your site so that we can see what you mean.

Penny

Forum Editor 07:02 03 Feb 04

how to rename your pages so that you can provide people with a unique url that will take them straight to one of your pages, instead of them having to go to the homepage and then navigate.

What you must do is retitle the pages, and in FrontPage you can do this when you save them.

1. Open the page in FP

2. File/save as

3. In the dialogue box that opens you'll see the page file name, which you can change (to say, messageboard) and above that a button marked 'Change title'.

4. Click that button , and enter a descriptive word or words (keep it very short) such as 'the messageboard'. That's what will appear in the address bar of a visitor's browser, and that (plus the http etc.) is what you give your visitors as a url to direct them to the page.

Try it.

BWFCHORWICH 08:18 03 Feb 04

cheers chaps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…