HELP - Need serious help nothing will work!

Adz1310 23:56 01 Nov 08

For some reason my toolbar wont load up, and everytime I try to click anything to help me it says it failed to inilise?
Any help?

rdave13 00:03 02 Nov 08

What toolbar, what browser and what operating system?

Adz1310 00:04 02 Nov 08

sorry, windows xp
got my toolbar up by clicking show but when i press the windows button nothing happens and I can't get on the internet or use any programs like system restore

toon_mad 00:09 02 Nov 08

please give a better description, what windows button, the start button or the windows button on your keyboard? Like rdave13 also said, which web browser are you using?

Regards

rdave13 00:10 02 Nov 08

Try re-booting and as the PC re-boots keep tapping F8 (F5 on some PCs). This will bring up a bootable option screen. Select 'last known good configuration', press enter.

Adz1310 00:11 02 Nov 08

use internet explorer, 7 i think, and both the button on the keyboard doesnt work, manage to get the toolbar back up by right mouse button and click properties and then clicking the ticks on then off then apply, but cant get internet or programs to work.

Adz1310 00:18 02 Nov 08

tried the F8, same, as it was rebooting it comes up with a blue bow for windows defender, an error box,
application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba
a problem caused this service to stop. to start the service, restart your computer or search help and support for how to start a service manaually.

click internet explorer nothing happens

click system restore: system restore is not able to protect your computer. please restart your computer, and then run system restore again

toon_mad 01:13 02 Nov 08

run click here see if you have anything malicious on your pc.

rdave13 01:14 02 Nov 08

All I can offer is a 'repair install'. click here .
Insructions straightforeward.
Luck.

Adz1310 11:06 02 Nov 08

toon i can't get on the internet so can't do that. Also when i try to install something or un install anything it says windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. secondly i have loads of files that i could do to keep, when i plug my usb in it recognise it but won't let me drag and drop, or copy and paste. So if i do the repair itself won't it wipe drive c? ?

Adz1310 11:07 02 Nov 08

so has anyone got any more suggestions? Why do things like happen when you have got loads of work to do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…