Help Need Please....

Bike-it 17:47 12 Nov 08

Over the weekend i kept getting a pop up telling me that my computer was infected with viruses and that i would need to download antivirus 2008 to remove it, so i ran the following programmes and between them they found about 20 threats

Avast Av
Spyware Doctor
Superantispyware
Malwarebytes
Spyware terminator

since i ran the above programmes the pop ups have stopped but there seems to be still something running away in the background as you can hear the computer grinding
It may be a coincidence but i downloaded magic jelly bean keyfinder over the weekend would this download be the cause of my problems or could the computer still be infected with something.
All help much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:00 12 Nov 08

If you have run the latest updates for the programs you listed then I would not worry about any infections.

Magic jelly bean should cause any problems.

Windows often runs programs like disk indexing in the background.

MAJ 18:01 12 Nov 08

Open the Task Manager and see what's running in the background, if anything.

Technotiger 18:02 12 Nov 08

Why not un-install Magic JB Keyfinder to see if that makes a difference? You could always re-install it again if you wanted to.

I doubt if it is still infected after running those anti-everything programs.

FreeCell 18:09 12 Nov 08

I'd run Hijackthis click here.

Not easy to analyse the log file produced but there are a number of sites that will help you analyse it. But be patient as they are often busy.

Try this automated one first:

click here but beware that automated tools like this often can give false positives.

You can try Tech Support Guy for human support.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…