Help need please

STUART-237113 18:50 17 Nov 04

I am trying to Re Load Nero OEM Suite onto my system.
It says that I need Direct X and then proceeds to try and download it.
It get so far then a message comes up telling me that it has not passed its Windows logo compatitability test and it will not be installed.
What can I do ??

Lionheart ? 19:02 17 Nov 04

This any help click here

STUART-237113 19:05 17 Nov 04

Thanks Lionheart.
I have been there and it still says the same message.
Wont let me proceed with the download.

Lionheart ? 19:11 17 Nov 04

Don't know if it would work, I could e-mail it to you.

Chris the Ancient 19:14 17 Nov 04

I had the same thing when I did the same as you.

Basically, MS can't test everything - so that's why the message. However, I did a restore point before downloading it, did a download, accepted that it wasn't logo tested and found it all works OK.

If it hadn't, I had a restore point to go back to.

A wee tip. If you make the title of the thread a little more explicit about the problem, you find the help comes even quicker!

CtA

Gongoozler 19:17 17 Nov 04

You can try this. Right click on "My Computer", select Properties - Hardware - Driver signing. Put the dot in "Warn - Prompt me each time I choose an action" and tick "Make this action th esystem default". From then on, you should get a warning if you try to install an unsigned driver, but not be prevented from doing so.

STUART-237113 19:40 17 Nov 04

Thanks all Ive tried all the suggestions but it still wont install.

Gongoozler 19:54 17 Nov 04

Hi WELSHDIO. We're all making the assumption that your operating system is XP, and your graphics card is DirectX 9 compatible. Is this correct?

VoG II 20:07 17 Nov 04
  STUART-237113 13:16 18 Nov 04

Hi all,
To Gongoozler - Yes my system is XP and I dont know if my graphics card is DirextX compatible.
I was able to install fully Nero pror to me having done a System Restore. Thats where this problem has originated.

To VoG - Thanks for the link. I will try to make sense of what I am reading and try to resolve the prob from there.

Sorry if I have not explained the full story.
I appreciate what every one is trying to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…